[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] I need a keyboard buffer extendor...

v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (10/29/90)

Hello,

Does anyone have a dos keyboard buffer extender... I used
to see shareware versions all the time floating around
when I didn't need one. Now I need one and can't find one
for the life of me...

Thanks in advance

*                                           *                                *
* Shawn E. Thompson                         * CAD/Systems Engineering        *
*                                           * Leica, Incorporated            *
* University of Buffalo                     * PO Box 123                     *
* v087mxgb@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu             * Buffalo, NY 14240-0123         *
* Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering * Phone: (716) 891-3375          *
*                                           *                                *
*                                                                            *
*"Wizards of a modern age, cast spells of electric power                     *
* But the corporate strings that make them dance lead UP to an ivory tower...*
*                                                                            *
* ....calm and cool and computerized, they calculate and correct.            *
* Wait and watch and wonder just which puppet they'll select......"          *
*                                                                  -R. Emmett*

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (10/30/90)

In article <43081@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) writes:

>Does anyone have a dos keyboard buffer extender... I used
>to see shareware versions all the time floating around
>when I didn't need one. Now I need one and can't find one
>for the life of me...

There is at least /pc/pd2/buf128.arc and there might be others at
Simtel20.  The file lists available at our site will give more
information.

The wares are available by anonymous ftp from chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, 128.214.12.3, or by using our mail server (use the latter
if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are not
familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared send
prerecorded instructions on request (provided that your email
address is reachable).

>*                                           *                                *
>* Shawn E. Thompson                         * CAD/Systems Engineering        *
>*                                           * Leica, Incorporated            *
>* University of Buffalo                     * PO Box 123                     *
>* v087mxgb@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu             * Buffalo, NY 14240-0123         *
>* Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering * Phone: (716) 891-3375          *
>*                                           *                                *
>*                                                                            *
>*"Wizards of a modern age, cast spells of electric power                     *
>* But the corporate strings that make them dance lead UP to an ivory tower...*
>*                                                                            *
>* ....calm and cool and computerized, they calculate and correct.            *
>* Wait and watch and wonder just which puppet they'll select......"          *
>*                                                                  -R. Emmett*

BTW:

15. *****
 Q: What is an appropriate maximum length of a signature?

 A: Net etiquette and practice dictates about four lines at a
maximum. The purpose of a signature can be considered two-fold. It
gives your email address, and also acts as a visual identifier.
Often the signatures include some kind of witticism or aphorism.
Even if they are often amusing, and some very clever indeed, they
may annoy some users. But obviously they are here to stay. If you
simply cannot overcome the desire to include one, at least make it
brief. The brief ones are usually the best anyway.
   By the way, I don't personally use one. If I wish to try a pun,
or include a witticism, I try to do it in the body of my message.
(Ok, here is one pun to boggle BBS lovers. Users writing in fowl
language will be twittered. Figure this one out :-).
   At worst there are multiline signatures with elaborate ascii
drawings. These are basically but bloated ego-trips, a waste of
bandwidth, and severely frowned upon in the official UseNet net
rules.

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)