[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Graphics software for Wordperfect 5.X?

dma@ism.isc.com ((saki)) (10/24/90)

What options, if any viable ones, are available for graphics
software in Wordperfect, either 5.0 or 5.1? We may need something
beyond just chart/graph generation, even representational drawings
of possible, but I have no idea what's out there. I've heard
something vague about Drawperfect but don't know a jot about it.
Anyone have some helpful hints?
"I mean lines, ducky, can you handle lines?"
* saki (dma@ism.isc.com) *

maven@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Jim Baltaxe) (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct24.001412.4102@ism.isc.com> dma@ism.isc.com ((saki)) writes:
>What options, if any viable ones, are available for graphics
>software in Wordperfect, either 5.0 or 5.1? We may need something
>beyond just chart/graph generation, even representational drawings
>of possible, but I have no idea what's out there. I've heard
>something vague about Drawperfect but don't know a jot about it.
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
>Anyone have some helpful hints?

I have been using DrawPerfect 1.1 for several months now and I am
developing a great respect for it. Assuming that you are already
familiar with WordPerfect Corporation's user interface, it is
extremely intuitive (read: I don't have time to read the manual) and
logically constructed. It produces graphics in .WPG format and can
import a wide variety of other graphic formats. It also comes with a
relatively large number of pre-chewed clip art files which can be
easily, and drastically modified (a surprisingly easy process).

So far the only problem I have encountered with it is probably my own
fault; I have not been able to get my HP Paintjet to print color
properly, even using the GSS CGI device intallation.

Incidentally, I am using a cheap trackball (Witty Ball) which uses
DrawPerfect's internal MS mouse driver and I am very pleased with it.
One tip, with a trackball set acceleration (sensitivity) to the
minimum, since desk space is not an issue. We can buy this trackball
for the same or less than we pay for most mice and once people get
used to the different feel they prefer it as more precise and
certainly smoother. Any comments?
--
Jim Baltaxe - MAVEN@vuw.ac.nz