[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] keyboard buffers....

v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (11/01/90)

Hi-ho,

I posted a short while back asking for a keyboard buffer,
I received a couple suggestionss for FASTBUFF26...

I ftp'ed it and put it out of my mind, wel I started
using it and it is VERY full featured...not quite
what I need (I am using the BEST mem-res utility I have
EVER seen, called "CED" (command line editor), and dont
need all those features in fastbuff26...

Please give me suggestions again, for just a SMALL
buffer, that just buffers keystrokes..or tell me FTP
sites...

I believe CED is FREEware, I will check 1st...if it
is I will upload it to an FTP site, if not I will
post the author's address (I reccommend it to EVERY
one I come across - its great!)

Shawn E. Thompson "..my sig file was so long, I'm not even allowed a quote..."
v087mxgb@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu | set@autarch.acsu.buffalo.edu
University @ Buffalo|Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering
CAD Engineering|Leica, Inc.|PO Box 123|Buffalo, NY 14240-0123|(716)891-3375

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/01/90)

In article <43715@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I posted a short while back asking for a keyboard buffer,
>I received a couple suggestionss for FASTBUFF26...
>
>I ftp'ed it and put it out of my mind, wel I started
>using it and it is VERY full featured...not quite
>what I need (I am using the BEST mem-res utility I have
>EVER seen, called "CED" (command line editor), and dont
>need all those features in fastbuff26...
>
>Please give me suggestions again, for just a SMALL
>buffer, that just buffers keystrokes..or tell me FTP
>sites...

/pc/pd2/buf128.arc

>I believe CED is FREEware, I will check 1st...if it
>is I will upload it to an FTP site, if not I will
>post the author's address (I reccommend it to EVERY
>one I come across - its great!)

/pc/pd2/ced.zip

The wares are available by anonymous ftp from chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, 128.214.12.3, or by using our mail server (use the latter
if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are not
familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared send
prerecorded instructions on request (provided that your email
address is reachable).

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)