[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Dungeon Master - anything like it for the IBM?

frank@odetics.com (Frank Merrow) (10/31/90)

Hi,

I just had my first taste of an Amiga game called Dungeon Master.  The graphics
were GREAT, the whole thing is played in real-time with nothing, but mouse
input.  Rogue is to Dungeon Master what Flash Gordon is to StarTrek.  Are
there any IBM based games that even come close to touching this thing?
I would pay PLENTY to have an equivelent game for my IBM AT Clone!  Flight
Simulator is the only thing that might even be compared to it, but the
graphics in the Flight Simulators I have played are not close to what I
saw today!

Frank
frank@odetics.com or uunet!odetics!frank

jmerrill@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Jason Merrill) (11/03/90)

In article <1990Oct31.040542.3816@odetics.com> frank@odetics.com (Frank Merrow) writes:
>I just had my first taste of an Amiga game called Dungeon Master.  Are
>there any IBM based games that even come close to touching this thing?
>I would pay PLENTY to have an equivelent game for my IBM AT Clone!

I heard that FTP was writing an IBM version...I don't know how it's coming.
DM (and the sequel, Chaos Strikes Back) are available currently for the
Atari ST, the Amiga and the Apple IIGS (WHY?!?).  Apparently FTP was
considering bundling a sound board with the game...

--
Jason Merrill				jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu