[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Windows 3 yet again...

briggs@tamunix (Mark Lowe) (11/04/90)

Well, I got no replies about the previous problem, but that's OK.  I just
reinstalled it and all works fine now.

I have a NEW problem.  I am using a MicroSoft Mouse on COM2.  It works fine
with everything BUT Windows.  Back when I was running in real mode, I found
that I had to have a copy of MOUSE.SYS in the current directory from which I
ran windows.  It doesn't seem to make a difference now.  The mouse doesn't
work at all.  When I exit windows, it won't work anywhere else either.  Is
Windows trashing the driver somehow?  If so, what should I do to prevent this.
I am waiting for my bus version of the mouse.  Will this make matters any
better?

Thanks for all replies...

Mark C. Lowe - KB5III

Ingvar.Strand@ext.luth.se (Ingvar Strand) (11/04/90)

In article <9812@helios.TAMU.EDU> briggs@tamunix (Mark Lowe) writes:
>Well, I got no replies about the previous problem, but that's OK.  I just
>reinstalled it and all works fine now.
>
>I have a NEW problem.  I am using a MicroSoft Mouse on COM2.  It works fine
>with everything BUT Windows.  Back when I was running in real mode, I found
>that I had to have a copy of MOUSE.SYS in the current directory from which I
>ran windows.  It doesn't seem to make a difference now.  The mouse doesn't
>work at all.  When I exit windows, it won't work anywhere else either.  Is
>Windows trashing the driver somehow?  If so, what should I do to prevent this.
>I am waiting for my bus version of the mouse.  Will this make matters any
>better?

Hi,
I'm sorry that I don't know the solution to your problem, but I have
one of my own.  If I try to use the mouse in any other port than
COM1, it won't work. The computer just won't find any mouse if not in COM1.
So I wonder how you did it ?  Any others that know ?
I would like to have the mouse in COM2.  (it's a real MS-MOUSE)
Thanx.

/Ingvar                         ingsa@ext.luth.se