[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] PD screen saver wanted

scratch@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Steven J Owens) (10/31/90)

Anybody out there know where I can find a decent PD screen saver?

	I work in a PC lab with a buncha NCR MS-DOS machines with VGA
and nice color screens.  What I'd like is some sort of screen saver TSR.
Since the machinery is so nice, I'd like something (if possible) that
takes advantage of the capabilities.  What might be even nicer is some
sort of package that allows us to define what the graphics will look
like (the graphics that bounce around on the screen to let you know
that the machine isn't off, just screen-saving).

	Drop me a line e-mail, please, if you can help me...

Steven J. Owens    |   Scratch@Pittvms    |   Scratch@unix.cis.pitt.edu

"There's a long hard road and a full, hard drive  :  And a sector there
 where I feel alive  :  Every bit of every byte  :  Is written down once
 on the night  :  Networking, I'm user friendly..."

	-- Warren Zevon, Networking, Transverse City

nol2321@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil (Jim Dunn) (10/31/90)

As far as screen savers go, EXPLOSIVE.COM seems to be very popular around
here.  I don't know about the "copyright" stuff... but it has support for
MANY different kinds of displays...  (as well as a TSR and stand alone
version...)

Jim

jimf@pro-gateway.cts.com (Jim Ford, Co-SysOp) (11/05/90)

I tried to E-mail you on this but for some reason it was simply returned to me
so I guess I'll respond here.  the program SCR2GIF is a great screen saver.
You load a TSR program which assigns a "hot-key" and when you press the hot
key it saves it in what it calls a .scr format.  Then with the other program
that comes with it you can convert the .scr format to .gif format.  If 'ya
wannit lemme know!

ProLine: jimf@pro-gateway
Internet: jimf@pro-gateway.cts.com
UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!jimf