[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] TIF -> BMP or PCX -> BMP

Binoy_James_Aa@f110.n771.z3.fidonet.gen.nz (Binoy James Aa) (11/02/90)

FSC-Control: UFGATE newsin 1.27
From: bjames@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Binoy James [890904])

Hi folks,

Another question.  Is there a program that will convert a scanned TIFF
file
to a windows 3.0 bitmap (ie, desktop background)

I tried Grafworkshop 4.6 and it won't let me save a tif file to a
windows bmp
file, it says it can't create a .bmp file!  So then I converted it to
gif,
using gws, then using gif2bmp, I got a bmp file but it looked really
bad!

Any alternate ways to do this or other programs that are available (
any on anon
ftp?).

Thanks,
Bin
 * Origin: SpringBoard Communications (3:771/110)
SEEN-BY: 771/110 150 170 180 772/20
FSC-Control: PATH: 771/110

tris@alzabo.uucp (Tris Orendorff) (11/05/90)

Binoy_James_Aa@f110.n771.z3.fidonet.gen.nz (Binoy James Aa) writes:

>FSC-Control: UFGATE newsin 1.27
>From: bjames@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Binoy James [890904])

>Hi folks,

>Another question.  Is there a program that will convert a scanned TIFF
>file
>to a windows 3.0 bitmap (ie, desktop background)

>I tried Grafworkshop 4.6 and it won't let me save a tif file to a
>windows bmp
>file, it says it can't create a .bmp file!  So then I converted it to
>gif,
>using gws, then using gif2bmp, I got a bmp file but it looked really
>bad!

I haven't been able to get graphics workshop to save a 256 shade
.bmp file either.  However, you can save it as a .pcx file and
convert it using the paint program supplied with Windows 3.

--
				Sincerely Yours
				Tris Orendorff

 LADY BRACKNELL:  He seems to have had great confidence in the opinion
                 of his physicians.