[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] TIFF specification

wpc@druhi.ATT.COM (ChristmasWP) (11/05/90)

Could someone email me a specification of the TIFF graphic standard?

I'm trying to dump scanner files (Canon ix-12) to an HP LJ-III printer
(both are 300dpi) and most of the utilities I've found are going through
some intermediate and unnecessary translations which impair the image.

	thx,
		Walt Christmas
		att!druhi!wpc

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (11/07/90)

In article <6534@drutx.ATT.COM>, wpc@druhi.ATT.COM (ChristmasWP) writes:
> Could someone email me a specification of the TIFF graphic standard?
>
> I'm trying to dump scanner files (Canon ix-12) to an HP LJ-III printer
> (both are 300dpi) and most of the utilities I've found are going through
> some intermediate and unnecessary translations which impair the image.

The TIFF specification is available from SIMTEL by ftp.

I've had good luck printing such TIFFs using VUIMAGE.  If your original is
300 dpi, it should print 300 dpi unless you ask it to scale the picture.
The latest version I believe is 2.70.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com