[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] GNUPLOT -> Epson printer

sterling@uwovax.uwo.ca (11/07/90)

I have, through the graces of a friendly netlander, received a copy of GNUPLOT.
Is there any way (while avoiding PRINT SCREEN) of sending output from GNUPLOT
to my Epson LX800?
Thanks.
--
Sterling Gunn                 |   "A (person)'s character is (their) fate."
1013_4111@UWOVAX.UWO.CA       |    Socrates?

jpd@pc.usl.edu (Dugal James P.) (11/08/90)

In article <7663.2736b01f@uwovax.uwo.ca> sterling@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>Is there any way (while avoiding PRINT SCREEN) of sending output from GNUPLOT
>to my Epson LX800?

set terminal epson_lx800
set output "\dev\lpt1"	OR set output "path_of_plot_file"
plot
--
-- James Dugal,	N5KNX		Internet: jpd@usl.edu
Associate Director		Ham packet: n5knx@k5arh

eln272v@monu1.cc.monash.oz ( r lang) (11/08/90)

In article <7663.2736b01f@uwovax.uwo.ca>, sterling@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> I have, through the graces of a friendly netlander, received a copy of GNUPLOT.
> Is there any way (while avoiding PRINT SCREEN) of sending output from GNUPLOT
> to my Epson LX800?

Yes.  Gnuplot 2.0 contains an epson_lx800 driver (provided that the
person who compiled gnuplot included that terminal option).
Within gnuplot, type 'set terminal' for a list of available terminal
types.
If your version of gnuplot does not contain the epson_lx800 driver,
get pub/gnuplot2.zip from cs.duke.edu by anonymous ftp.

--
Russell Lang   Email: rjl@monu1.cc.monash.edu.au   Phone: (03) 565 3460
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering