[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] DRIVER.SYS parms for 720K 3.5" drive

norlin@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Norman Lin) (10/30/90)

This is posted for a friend who has no net.access.  Please email replies to
my account or post them here...

-----

I have an XT that requires DRIVER.SYS to operate a 720K 3.5" drive.  I
accidentally dumped my CONFIG.SYS and do not know the parameters for
DRIVER.SYS.  Please help!

I tried DEVICE = DRIVER.SYS /D:02 (for physical drive A) and it loads the
driver but when I try to directory it, it gives me a seek error.

--The Doc

-----
--
\    /\/\    /\/\        +-----------------------------+    /\/\    /\/\    /./
\\  /./\\\  /./\\\  /====|Norman Lin/norlin@129.15.20.2|===/./\\\  /./\\\  /./

kris@beep.UUCP (Port'naybl) (11/08/90)

In article <1990Oct30.044641.16420@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, norlin@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Norman Lin) writes:
 >This is posted for a friend who has no net.access.  Please email replies to
 >my account or post them here...

 >I have an XT that requires DRIVER.SYS to operate a 720K 3.5" drive.  I
 >accidentally dumped my CONFIG.SYS and do not know the parameters for
 >DRIVER.SYS.  Please help!

 >I tried DEVICE = DRIVER.SYS /D:02 (for physical drive A) and it loads the
 >driver but when I try to directory it, it gives me a seek error.

    This is my (beep's) config.sys file:

shell=command.com /P /E:1024
fcbs=50,30
device=driver.sys /d:1 /c /f:2 /h:2 /s:9 /t:80
files=50

     Beep accesses the 3.5inch as Drive "E"; I'm able to access Drive "B"
as a 360K 3.5".  Also, beep is a XT clone (Fry's) with Drive "A" as 5.25inch
360K and Drive "B" as a 3.5inch 360K.  Drives "C" and "D" are the hard disks
and Drive "E" is the 3.5 inch in 720K mode.  If you only have one hard disk,
the 3.5inch will be "D" instead of "E".

     Ihaven't tried this with the 3.5inch as "A", but seems to me it
should work.

--
						Port'naybl

key!beep!kris
woodowl!beep!kris

"Look what they've done to my program, look what they've done to my code;
 They stuck it all on this floppy disk, and I think they got it wrong, ma..."