[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Convert Lotus PIC to PCX

gregory@csri.toronto.edu (Kate M. Gregory) (11/14/90)

I have some PIC files produced by Lotus, and would like to
add text, patterns, etc. I could do this with the paintbrush program
that came free with Windows, but it can't read PIC files. So, I
need to convert the PIC to PCX, or to get a paint program that
reads Lotus PIC files. We have a limited budget, and if we have
to buy something it will probably be Excel (easy to get the graphs
into paint) or a scanner.

Before we do that, can anybody point us to a PD/Shareware program
that will convert these files, or to a PD/SW paint program?

Kate Gregory
I'll TRY to keep up with these groups, but email would be better. Thanks.

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov13.123033.22187@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> gregory@csri.toronto.edu (Kate M. Gregory) writes:

>I have some PIC files produced by Lotus, and would like to
>add text, patterns, etc. I could do this with the paintbrush program
>
>Before we do that, can anybody point us to a PD/Shareware program
>that will convert these files, or to a PD/SW paint program?
>
>Kate Gregory

OKF218B.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS> Optiks graphics edit/view/cvt MAC/PIC/PCX/GIF
PICEM21.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS> PICEM v2.1 GIF PCX PIC view & conversion
VPIC30.ZIP   PD1:<MSDOS.GIF>      GIF/MAC/PCX/ColorRix pics view/convrt, EGA/VGA

These are all available at simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory
listed above (PD1:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )  or at wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx.

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                    mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'