[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] humanitarian request

kabra437@pallas.athenanet.com (Ken Abrams) (11/12/90)

In article <26692.273c192e@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> petrino@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Dear NetFolks,
>
>We would appreciate your responding to the request of Craig Shergold who
>is a seven year old boy with an inoperable tumor on his brain.
>
>                                      Sincerely,
>                                                Jack Petrino
>PS - I apologize for the possible redundancy of posting this net-wide. I
>     hope everyone can understand the necessity/urgency of the situation.

I am having a hard time supressing an overwhelming urge to get real nasty
with this reply.  Those folks that don't seem to ever READ the news but
yet insist on jumping in and leaving little tidbits like this are a real
pain in the backside.

You SHOULD apologize, Jack.  You should apologize for not checking with
the proper source before posting things like the above.  You will probably
get lots of flames and you deserve all that you get.  The Craig Shergold
thing is old-old-old.  They have received more than 6 million cards and
it has caused them additional hardships just dealing with them.

Now, you CAN do something good.  Go to all the places that you put this
appeal and cancel it!  The family has pleaded to STOP the flood of cards.

Ken Abrams                     uunet!pallas!kabra437
Illinois Bell                  kabra437@athenanet.com
Springfield                    (voice) 217-753-7965

lexw@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Lex Wassenberg) (11/12/90)

In article <26692.273c192e@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> petrino@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Dear NetFolks,
>
>We would appreciate your responding to the request of Craig Shergold who
>is a seven year old boy with an inoperable tumor on his brain.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!   NOT AGAIN!!!!

>PS - I apologize for the possible redundancy of posting this net-wide. I
>     hope everyone can understand the necessity/urgency of the situation.

I suppose lots of people won't accept these apologies as this is the
n-thousanth time this message appears. ITS JUNK!!!!
Craig is dead already!!! And Guiness will *not* accept this kind of records
anymore, because of all the trouble this brings to the hospital he or other
requesters of this kind would be in. Do you realize that receiving loads of
mail will completely lame the administration of a hospital as the normal
mail service does *NOT* sort the mail to the addressed person?

Please, STOP IT!!!!

--
     _ _
    / U |         Lex Wassenberg, Philips TDS, Apeldoorn, the Netherlands

erik@westworld.esd.sgi.com (Erik Fortune) (11/13/90)

:
>Craig is dead already!!! And Guiness will *not* accept this kind of records

According to "News of the Weird," Craig recovered from his tumor but died
when a stack of post cards fell him.   Really.
I couldn't make this up.

-- Erik

eakin@rsmas.miami.edu (11/15/90)

In article <975@idcapd.idca.tds.philips.nl>, lexw@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Lex Wassenberg) writes:
> In article <26692.273c192e@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> petrino@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>>Dear NetFolks,
>>
>>We would appreciate your responding to the request of Craig Shergold who
>>is a seven year old boy with an inoperable tumor on his brain.
>
> AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!   NOT AGAIN!!!!
>
>>PS - I apologize for the possible redundancy of posting this net-wide. I
>>     hope everyone can understand the necessity/urgency of the situation.
>
> I suppose lots of people won't accept these apologies as this is the
> n-thousanth time this message appears. ITS JUNK!!!!
> Craig is dead already!!! And Guiness will *not* accept this kind of records

If Craig is dead, what was the news doing reporting on his trip to Disneyland
two weeks ago?  However, the gist is correct.  The record was set and they
don't want any more cards.

--
C. Mark Eakin
Internet: Eakin@RSMAS.miami.edu