[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Memory test

sbl@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Stacy B. Lacy) (11/16/90)

This is my first attempt to post so please bear withme.

I have a 286 clone and have recently had some problems with memory.
I have several applications which operate near the 640K limit that
I have with DOS 3.3.  A few weeks ago we had some power failure problems
and although I did have a surge protector, I am now experiencing some
problems.  Before the power failure I was able to run some small but useful
memory resident programs and still use my applications.  However, since the
power failure, even though the memory check on booting shows no problems,
I can't run the memory resident programs and the applications.

Is there a possibility of a hardware problem that the memory manager is not
checking?  If so can I get some software to check it.

Please post responces because I am having problems with mail right now.
Thanks in advance.

ESR@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ed Russell) (11/16/90)