[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] IBM AT->Postscript

sb3y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Siddharth Bedi) (11/17/90)

I'm not really sure about how Postscript works, but I'm in a university with
dozens of laserwriters all over the place.  I however, cannot print all
my documents (Wordperfect, DrHaloII) etc. to these printers without stripping
them of all their formatting.  Is their anything out their that would convert
these files to Postscript format.

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

Sid.

berger@atropa (Dire Wolf) (11/17/90)

sb3y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Siddharth Bedi) writes:

>I'm not really sure about how Postscript works, but I'm in a university with
>dozens of laserwriters all over the place.  I however, cannot print all
>my documents (Wordperfect, DrHaloII) etc. to these printers without stripping
>them of all their formatting.  Is their anything out their that would convert
>these files to Postscript format.

*----
You don't indicate which version of WordPerfect you're using, but 5.0
and later support PostScript printers very well.  Just print to disk
to get the PostScript file to send to one of your laserwriters.  I'd bet
that later versions of Dr. Halo can also generate PostScript, though
I don't know it for certain.
--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois