[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] TrakBlaster, what/where is the latest version?

yu-d@boa.cis.ohio-state.edu (Moonrise Programmer) (11/17/90)

	Having lately acquired a SoundBlaster I ftp'd trakblaster but I'm
having problems running it.  I have a 386/33 with SVGA and a sound blaster.
When I try to run Trakblaster (version 1.2 BTW) with some .MOD files it plays
for about 20-30 seconds (sounds great!) and then gets a divide overflow error
and hangs the machine.  So my question is, is there a newer version perhaps
that will work on a 386?  There was a very short text file that mentioned it
not working on somebody's 386 but it wasn't too clear.  If there is a new
version can somebody perhaps uuencode it and mail it to me or indicate an ftp
site that has it?  Thanks.

						David Yu

--
    David "as in" Yu -=- DrepuS -=- The One Who Programs by Moonlight!
            The Ohio State University - Land of the Buckeyes!

hshaw@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Hubert Shaw) (11/17/90)

yu-d@boa.cis.ohio-state.edu (Moonrise Programmer) writes:

>	Having lately acquired a SoundBlaster I ftp'd trakblaster but I'm
>having problems running it.  I have a 386/33 with SVGA and a sound blaster.
>When I try to run Trakblaster (version 1.2 BTW) with some .MOD files it plays
>for about 20-30 seconds (sounds great!) and then gets a divide overflow error
>and hangs the machine.  So my question is, is there a newer version perhaps
>that will work on a 386?  There was a very short text file that mentioned it
>not working on somebody's 386 but it wasn't too clear.  If there is a new
>version can somebody perhaps uuencode it and mail it to me or indicate an ftp
>site that has it?  Thanks.

>						David Yu

There are two solutions to your problem.

1) Slow down your 386 to 8 mhz.  For most people this has solved the divide
   by zero problem.

2) Run a TSR to trap the divide by zero overflow error.  The 4DOS command
   shell already does this, so if you want a far superior command shell
   and the ability to run trakblaster @ 33mhz try installing it.

   It is available on SIMTEL and chyde.uwasa.fi.

         Hubert Shaw
INET: hshaw@neon.stanford.edu