[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Peripheral cards at Exxxxx

harmon@odin.icd.ab.com (Larry D. Harmon) (11/07/90)

	Does anyone know of a 16-bit preipheral card for the AT that
uses memroy on the range of E00000 to EFFFFF?  I have an AT that has
problems with a board addressed in that range and I want to know if
any other boards exist that may also induce this problem.

						Thanks in advance

						Larry Harmon

leonard@qiclab.uucp (Leonard Erickson) (11/23/90)

harmon@odin.icd.ab.com (Larry D. Harmon) writes:
>	Does anyone know of a 16-bit preipheral card for the AT that
>uses memroy on the range of E00000 to EFFFFF?  I have an AT that has
>problems with a board addressed in that range and I want to know if
>any other boards exist that may also induce this problem.

I seem to recal that Intel specificly states that Above boards should
NOT be addressed to that range because IBM and some others use it for
ROM or for strange hardware "stuff" that could cause problems.

So I'd say that you are going to have to readress the board.
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]

"Oregon Guild Gold Card -- don't leave home without it!"