[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] DSZ.EXE - where can I get it?

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (11/28/90)

All the .zip files for DSZ I find have only the .COM version of DSZ.  I'd
like to have the .EXE version, if at all possible.  I'm a registered user
of DSZ, but I never get anything from Omen.  Could someone send me DSZ.EXE
and something which describes all the command-line options?  Thanx!

TT

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (11/28/90)

In article <2379@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>All the .zip files for DSZ I find have only the .COM version of DSZ.  I'd
>like to have the .EXE version, if at all possible.  I'm a registered user
>of DSZ, but I never get anything from Omen.  Could someone send me DSZ.EXE
>and something which describes all the command-line options?  Thanx!

For the former take a look at anonymous ftp site uwasa.fi INDEX file
and/or Simtel20 SIMIBM.ARC.  For the latter see uwasa.fi /pc/pd2
directory in particular.

The wares are available by anonymous ftp from chyde.uwasa.fi, Vaasa,
Finland, 128.214.12.3, or by using our mail server (use the latter
if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are not
familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared send
prerecorded instructions on request.  (If you don't get the
instructions from me within a few days, it will mean that your email
address cannot be reached by a simple email reply, and you wouldn't
be able to utilize the mail server anyway.)

 ! North American users please note.  Maintainer of SIMTEL20    !
 ! archives Keith Petersen has expressed a wish that you first  !
 ! try one of the many archives in the USA such as SIMTEL20 and !
 ! wuarchive.wustl.edu instead of overseas sites to cut down    !
 ! the load on the overseas link.  Please contact him for       !
 ! further information on SIMTEL20 usage.  One of his email     !
 ! addresses is w8sdz@@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil.  For the other   !
 ! users the reciprocal seems logical.  First take a look at    !
 ! uwasa.fi archives (or some other European site).             !

Prof. Timo Salmi        (Moderating at anon. ftp site 128.214.12.3)

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (11/30/90)

In article <2379@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>All the .zip files for DSZ I find have only the .COM version of DSZ.  I'd
>like to have the .EXE version, if at all possible.  I'm a registered user
>of DSZ, but I never get anything from Omen.  Could someone send me DSZ.EXE
>and something which describes all the command-line options?  Thanx!

WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

NOTE: Type B is Binary; Type A is ASCII

Directory PD2:<MSDOS2.ZMODEM>
 Filename   Type Length   Date    Description
DSZ1119.ZIP   B   83148  901123  X/Y/Zmodem protocol file transfer pgm 11/19/90
DSZ1119N.ZIP  B    2212  901123  Description of recent changes to DSZ comm pgm
DSZ1119X.ZIP  B   40142  901123  X/Y/Zmodem file transfer, EXE version 11/19/90

These files are also available from Detroit Download Central.  All
versions of DSZ are obtained direct from Chuck Forsberg to assure
authenticity.  The EXE version is always  available on SIMTEL20
and DDC.  Its commands are the same as the COM version.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)