[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Interrupt 33 / Mouse pointer

ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) (11/28/90)

>    If you know how to set the color of the mouse pointer or
>    If you are familure with interupt 33 then read this.
>
>    A friend wants to do just that. Set the color of the
>mouse pointer. All the books he has and I have say to use
>interrupt 33 (HEX) with service 09 (HEX). The problem is none
>of the books explain how to do this.

  Well, according to my documentation, function 09H is Set Graphic Shape,
not set color. BX is Hot Spot left offset, CX is Hot Spot top offset,
and ES:DX is a pointer to the shape buffer.

  Sounds like you need to get the Microsoft Mouse book.

-- Dave Ritchie
ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com

wjb@moscom.UUCP (Bill de Beaubien) (11/30/90)

In article <14950009@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com> ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) writes:

>    If you know how to set the color of the mouse pointer or
>    If you are familure with interupt 33 then read this.
>
>    A friend wants to do just that. Set the color of the
>mouse pointer. All the books he has and I have say to use
>interrupt 33 (HEX) with service 09 (HEX). The problem is none
>of the books explain how to do this.

According to MS-Dos Extensions:

AX = 0009H
BX = hot spot offset from left
CX = hot spot offset from top
ES:DX = seg:off of pointer image buffer

The pointer image buffer is 64 bytes long.  The first 32 bytes contain
a bit mask which is ANDed with the screen image.  The second 32 bytes
contain a bit mask which is XORed with the screen image.

The hot spot is relative to the upper left corner of the pointer image,
and each pixel offset must be in the range -16 through 16.  In display
modes 4 and 5, the offset must be an even number.

That's all I have on it here; my mouse book's at home.
Bill

--
Bill de Beaubien / wjb@moscom.com