[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Building a multitable form on Paradox 3.5

it1@ra.MsState.Edu (Tim Tsai) (11/27/90)

  Hello..  A professor here is having a little trouble building a multi-table
form using Paradox 3.5..  From the paradox 3.0 manual (this is a site
licensed program, and he doesn't have access to a 3.5 manual yet), under Forms,
it stated that the sequence: Multitable/Define/Link should be used to
create a link between two tables.  Looking through the menu options, however,
revealed that there isn't a "Define" option!  Does anybody know if this is
a bug in 3.5, or has Borland changed the options from 3.0 to 3.5?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

  in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
                                                                  <Calvin>

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (11/28/90)

it1@ra.MsState.Edu (Tim Tsai) writes:

>  Hello..  A professor here is having a little trouble building a multi-table
>form using Paradox 3.5..  From the paradox 3.0 manual (this is a site
>licensed program, and he doesn't have access to a 3.5 manual yet), under Forms,
>it stated that the sequence: Multitable/Define/Link should be used to
>create a link between two tables.  Looking through the menu options, however,
>revealed that there isn't a "Define" option!  Does anybody know if this is
>a bug in 3.5, or has Borland changed the options from 3.0 to 3.5?  Any
>help would be greatly appreciated.

Having just played with this a bit in 3.5: you must first create both
the main form and the sub-form independently.  Then, in the main form,
you choose Multi/Table and indicate which sub-form and where.  It requires
that the sub-form's table be keyed and that the key relate to a field
on the main form.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :     {apple,coherent,limbo,mips,pyramid,ubvax}!itkin@guinan.Transact.COM    :

gribble@ogre (12/04/90)

The correct sequence is Multi/Tables/Place/Linked  see pg 36 Presenting...
pg 10 of same is not correct.

* Steve Gribble  (812) 855-9172/7629         gribble@cica.cica.indiana.edu
* Systems Manager, Inst. of Social Research  swg@iumail.ucs.indiana.edu
* Dept. of Sociology, Indiana University     gribble@iubacs