[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] WANTED: Apple ][ emulator for IBM PC

chandoni@husc9.harvard.edu (A Potential Security Problem) (11/27/90)

I've seen such a thing (Apple2 emmulation) under UNIX; is there
such a thing for a PC?

Ideally, the program would do apple2 graphics using C/E/VGA and
also read apple2 disks from the IBM drives.

If such a program isn't available, perhaps somebody might
be able to point me to a method to read (hidden) Word
Handler files off of an apple disk and put them on an IBM
disk (even better if it would put it in some popular format
like WP, although not necessary).  The best I've been able
to do for document conversion is to grab the files as they're
sent to the printer; this loses all formatting and makes
double spaced documents really annoying.

PLEASE MAIL REPLIES!!!  These groups just get too much
traffic for me to read them every day.

Thanks in advance!
JMC

---
chandoni@husc9.harvard.edu    | I will not yell fire in a crowded classroom
John-Marc Chandonia           | I will not yell fire in a crowded classroom
Pro Student                   | I will not yell fire in a crowded classroom
Graduate Biophysics Program   | I will not yell fire in a crowded classroom
Harvard University            | I will not yell fire ...

fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (11/27/90)

In article <4818@husc6.harvard.edu> you write:

>Ideally, the program would do apple2 graphics using C/E/VGA and
>also read apple2 disks from the IBM drives.

I have a board that will plug into a PC machine and is an Apple //e
co-processor.  It will continue to run while you switch to MSDOS.
It does the graphics you mention, can use certain brands of 360K
drives, and uses the hard disk best.  This is a new board.  I bought
two.  The fellow who wanted the second one backed out on me.  I'll
sell it to you for $250.  If you are interested, I can send you an
info package that I received from the maker.  The board has never
been used except to certify that it works.  You can email or call
me at 205-730-8614.
--

--
| ...!uunet!ingr!fordke    OR    fordke@ingr.com
| Micro Magic BBS     (Fidonet: 1:373/12,   MaBell: +1 205 830 2362)
| "and the Trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw." -Rush

cyliao@hardy.u.washington.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (12/02/90)

I recall that there was a group of people who were working on "SoftApple"
for the PCs.  They were writing it in assembly. Anyone heard about them
lately?

cyliao@wam.umd.edu     		o NeXT :  I put main frame power on two chips.
      @epsl.umd.edu		o people: We put main flame power on two guys.
      @bagend.eng.umd.edu       o ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx.xxx (reserved)	o RC + Apple // + Classic Music + NeXT = cyliao

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer T. H.) (12/08/90)

... fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) writes:
>In article <4818@husc6.harvard.edu> you write:

>>Ideally, the program would do apple2 graphics using C/E/VGA and
>>also read apple2 disks from the IBM drives.

>I have a board that will plug into a PC machine and is an Apple //e
>co-processor.

Sometimes a board is not a viable option.  I know of someone here in
Nebraska that wrote an Apple ][ emulator for a PC compat., and would do
high-res graphics.  He says he wrote it all himself.  One bug he has found
was that, when exiting the emulator, he didn't reset the screen to
standard mode, so you'd be back in the PC mode in 40 columns and such.
Seemed to do it pretty well, but he didn't demonstrate all the features.
I could ask him some more about it.

Remember, it is just an Apple ][, not //e emulator.  It could be a ][+.

>--
>| ...!uunet!ingr!fordke    OR    fordke@ingr.com
>| Micro Magic BBS     (Fidonet: 1:373/12,   MaBell: +1 205 830 2362)
>| "and the Trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw." -Rush
--
     \ \_\ \__   __/ /_/ /    The trigger has been pulled.  We've got to get