[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MS-DOS Vi available?

kxb@math.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) (12/10/90)

ayman@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ayman Kayssi) writes:
>In article <8387@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> jdp@PacBell.COM (Jerry D. Pierce) writes:
>>Anbody know if there is a public-domain version of VI (the UNIX editor
>>so many of us love to hate) available for an MS-DOS machine?  Yes, I know
>>that there are many better editors available for MS-DOS, but I have to
>>live with VI on all of the UNIX machines I work on...
>	A vi clone was posted lately to alt.sources. It's called Elvis
>	and works under MS-DOS. Check it out.

Oh wise net.gurus:

1.Has anyone had any luck compiling this with MSC 5.1?

2.Is it available in compiled form? (I haven't seen it)

3.Is it worth the trouble to compile it etc... compared to stevie?

Your comments/answers are appeciated. Thanks.

--
 KSU Dept. of Mathematics               email: kxb@hilbert.math.ksu.edu
 Manhattan, Kansas 66506                voice: (913)532-6750

amburgy@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Kalex) (12/10/90)

In article <2501@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> rusbasra@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Bob Rusbasan) writes:
>In article <1990Dec10.031907.5922@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> kxb@math.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) writes:
>However, a new version was just released, so it might be better to
>get that and compile it if you can.  Also, the docs were not posted
>to c.b.i.p.

The docs were posted to c.b.i.p.d

**  Kerry Amburgy    amburgy@en.ecn.purdue.edu             **
**  Captain Kalex    USS Vanguard                          **