[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] german-english electronic dictionaries?

yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) (12/10/90)

Is anybody aware if there exists any ms-dos programs that will
act as a german to english (and vica versa) lookup dictionary?

>>> yahnke@macc.wisc.edu <<<

weath@sundww.Eng.Sun.COM (David Weatherford) (12/12/90)

yahnke@macc.wisc.edu writes:
% Is anybody aware if there exists any ms-dos programs that will
% act as a german to english (and vica versa) lookup dictionary?
%
% >>> yahnke@macc.wisc.edu <<<

I know of at least one product: Languages of the World, a CD-ROM
with an associated TSR driver.  It actually includes about a dozen
dictionaries, and can go from English to any of 19 (I think) languages,
and vice versa.

I got it bundled with a	CD-ROM drive (from DAK).  You can probably
order it directly.  If you need further info, send me mail and I'll
get you the company's name and address.

Dave Weatherford
weath@Eng.Sun.COM

dold@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Clarence Dold) (12/12/90)

in article <4952@dogie.macc.wisc.edu>, yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) says:

> Is anybody aware if there exists any ms-dos programs that will
> act as a german to english (and vica versa) lookup dictionary?

Odd that you should ask.
I just got a catalog from WordPerfect that includes "Language Assistants"
I'm not sure if it works outside of WordPerfect, but it talks about HotKey,
translating entire sentences, conjugation, and word lookups.

$71.95 - Editor's Choice Software 800-641-1116

--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold@tsmiti.Convergent.COM            (408) 435-5293