[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] DRAM prices?

rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/13/90)

I am seriously thinking about buying more memory for my PC over break.  I've
heard that RAM chips are dropping in prices everyday.  I need 1Meg bit chips
at 80ns.  I need 36 chips altogether (4Meg).  Last I heard was that I could
get these for about $4.50 - $5.00 a piece.  That seems pretty low to me.
Could anyone please verify these prices for me?  Thanks a lot in advance!

                                      Rich

c60c-1gd@e260-3d.berkeley.edu (Joon Song) (12/13/90)

In article <46500175@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> rlk20269@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I am seriously thinking about buying more memory for my PC over break.  I've
>heard that RAM chips are dropping in prices everyday.  I need 1Meg bit chips
>at 80ns.  I need 36 chips altogether (4Meg).  Last I heard was that I could
>get these for about $4.50 - $5.00 a piece.  That seems pretty low to me.
>Could anyone please verify these prices for me?  Thanks a lot in advance!
>
>                                      Rich

Here's the cheapest source I've found.

	MA Labs, Inc.
	1972 Concourse Drive