[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 286 extended/expanded memory again!

kap@eng.cam.ac.uk (Kevin A.Price) (12/13/90)

In article <18373@rasp.eng.cam.ac.uk> I wrote:

>We have a 286 PC/AT with 640k conventional memory and 384k
>extended memory which is located at address 1 Megabyte.
>
>Our networking software takes up about 110k of conventional.
>Also, other TSRs and device drivers use about 120k. What
>we would like to do is to increase the amount of 'useable'
>DOS memory. Is it possible to load some of the TSRs and
>device drivers in the extended memory a la LastByte? We
>do NOT have the C&T chipset though!

I have had many replies which I am grateful for. Basically
it seems that my best bet is to buy a copy of Quarterdeck's
QRAM. Unfortunately it also seems that I need EMS or EEMS
to be able to successfully execute this program. Is it
possible to emulate EMS or EEMS in extended memory? If so
what program should I buy. Is there a 286 version of QEMM,
I know there's a 386 version.

Kev
e-mail kap@eng.cam.ac.uk