[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Getting a Dvorak XT keyboard

gow@sakari.mrceg (Ed Gow) (12/14/90)

Where can I get a 101 key XT keyboard in a Dvorak layout ??

--
------	Ed Gow 	------  uwm!mrsvr!gemed!sakari!gow  -----------

		My opinions are NOT those of GE.
  MGB - The most fun you can have in a car without a back seat

mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) (12/14/90)

gow@sakari.mrceg (Ed Gow) writes:

> Where can I get a 101 key XT keyboard in a Dvorak layout ??

Yeah, and where can I get an AT keyboard in a Dvorak layout?

How about a Dvorak keyboard with RS-232?

Answers by mail, please.

mathew.
--
Mantis Consultants, Unit 56, St. John's Innovation Centre, Cambridge. CB4 4WS.
mathew@mantis.co.uk \\ "CP/M is to metric as cockroaches are to a Timex watch"

rawlins@motcid.UUCP (Robert M. Rawlins) (12/15/90)

From article <GOW.90Dec13134432@sakari.mrceg>, by gow@sakari.mrceg (Ed Gow):

> Where can I get a 101 key XT keyboard in a Dvorak layout ??
>
> --
> ------	Ed Gow 	------  uwm!mrsvr!gemed!sakari!gow  -----------

I have a Northgate OmniKey/102 keyboard which I really like.
One of it's features is the ability to choose either the
Dvorak-1 or the Dvorak-2 layout through dip switches.

I would be willing to bet that their OmniKey/101 keyboard has
the same feature.

By the way, the only difference between the Dvorak-1 and Dvorak-2
layout is that the number keys are also switched around.

Rob Rawlins	"I'm a Keynesian.  I practice deficit spending."

In article <P576T8w163w@mantis.co.uk> mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) writes:

| Yeah, and where can I get an AT keyboard in a Dvorak layout?

  Cheap answer: pop off the keys, stick them on where you want them, use
a software key mapper to make it all work.

  Was I the only one on the net who ever tried designing their own
keyboard? I expected 20 answers on this one?
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

berger@iboga (Mike Berger) (12/16/90)

Dvorak keysets are available from Northgate.  It's an option for their standard
keyboards, which are comfortable, reliable, have a 30-day money-back trial
period, and a 5 year warranty.  The keyset firmware even offers options to
just remap the alphabet or include the top row as well.

--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois