[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Mail order frustration: Techcom Labs

george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) (12/10/90)

The following is a copy of the letter I sent to Techcom Labs following
an extremly frustrating experience I had trying to order a paradise VGA
card from them.  As of Today, Monday December 10, I have yet to see a credit
to my cancelled order.  If you would like to comment on their wonderful
service their toll free number is 1-800-253-5338 or their FAX is 1-818-884-
9392.  They sometimes do business as Friendly computer or 'Kawaida Computer'
of Monterey Park or Canoga Park California.

If This sounds familiear it's because my wife posted a bit about this last
week.  She was treated in a very unprofessional manner (Johnson, the owner
said "Woman, Go Back to the kitchen and let your husband handle this problem.")

They have repeatedly hung up on both of us and not returned our calls.

TechCom Laboratory
200 East Mooney Drive
Monterey Park, CA 91754

Johnson:

I placed a phone order with you by phone on November 13th for a
Paradise 1024 VGA card. You promised delivery within 5-7 days.
When the card had not arrived, I called on November 28th and was
told by a woman that you had had a problem with a drop shipment
from your supplier and that she had the card in her hand and it
would be shipped overnight. When the item had not arrived by
December 2nd, my wife called again and this time you stated that
the card had been shipped on November 30th, Blue Label, UPS and
should arrive by December 3rd.  When the card had not arrived by
December 6th, I called you and CANCELLED the order. You assured
me that you would issue a credit to my VISA immediately. The
card has never arrived.

Considering your record with poor service and untruthful
promises as well as rude and inconsiderate phone etiquette, I am
requesting that you credit me the full $174.00 for this item
which I have never received. I have checked with my bank and a
credit has not cleared as of today at 5 pm. I will be checking
daily for this credit.

The original charge was processed on November 16th for Techom
(sic) Laboratory of Canoga Park California. This was before you
even shipped the item.

--
George Rachor Jr.
Rachor Data Center, Beaverton, OR  97005

richg@locus.com (Rich Greenberg) (12/14/90)

In article <227@racsys.UUCP> george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) writes:

 [problem getting delivery of a card that was ordered]

And if the credit doesn't come in shortly, call the credit
card issuer and request that the charge be reversed.
They will (usually) do so quite rapidly.
                                             Rich

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (12/19/90)

In article <20596@oolong.la.locus.com> richg@locus.com (Rich Greenberg) writes:
>In article <227@racsys.UUCP> george@racsys.UUCP (George Rachor Jr.) writes:
>
> [problem getting delivery of a card that was ordered]
>
>And if the credit doesn't come in shortly, call the credit
>card issuer and request that the charge be reversed.
>They will (usually) do so quite rapidly.
>                                             Rich

PC world magazine has a column called "Consumer Watch" that deals with these
types of problems. They would probably be interested in such discriminatory
behavior.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110             (408)437-5254