[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Here's an interesting idea

psm@manta.NOSC.MIL (Scot Mcintosh) (12/19/90)

This is an interesting tip I've heard about but not yet tried.
Clean your monitor screen with one of those fabric softener sheets
made for putting in a clothes dryer. Supposedly keeps the screen
clean longer. As I say, I haven't tried it yet, so take it for
what it's worth.

sjo@cci632.UUCP (Steve Owens) (12/19/90)

In article <1527@manta.NOSC.MIL>, psm@manta.NOSC.MIL (Scot Mcintosh) writes:
> This is an interesting tip I've heard about but not yet tried.
> Clean your monitor screen with one of those fabric softener sheets
> made for putting in a clothes dryer. Supposedly keeps the screen
> clean longer. As I say, I haven't tried it yet, so take it for
> what it's worth.

	Actually, this might work.  Since (I believe) most of the dust buildup
is due to static electricity, and most of these dryer sheets have an
anti-static agent in them, it just might keep them clean longer.

	I do have some concerns as to what the various other chemicals
(read "softeners") would do to any coating that might be present on the
screen surface.  It might smear or otherwise damage this coating, leaving
you with a streaked or blurry image.  Further, it may leave behind a coating
of some sort that would do the same thing.

	As I said, it might work, but I wouldn't try it until I learn more
about it (Hey, call me chicken, but my Sony 1304 is brand new.)

						SJO