[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Software for Handyman/Contractor

lynne@mimsy.umd.edu (Lynne D'Autrechy) (12/10/90)

I am looking for software for an IBM (or compatible) PC that a 1-person
handyman/contractor could use to produce bids/cost estimates for jobs, keep
track of expenses incurred for different jobs, etc.  Does anyone know of any
software which would do anything like this -- public domain or commericial?
Any pointers would be appreciated.  Since I don't normally read this
newsgroup, please reply to lynne@cs.umd.edu or ..!mimsy!lynne.  Thanks.

Lynne D'Autrechy

Ian_Miller@f110.n771.z3.fidonet.org (Ian Miller) (12/17/90)

FSC-Control: EID:5fd6 15915c80
>>I am looking for software for an IBM (or compatible) PC that a
>>1-person handyman/contractor could use to produce bids/cost
>>estimates for jobs, keep track of expenses incurred for different
>>jobs, etc.  Does anyone know of any software which would do

Heres hoping this finds its way back to you.

Try looking at ONE PERSON OFFICE, from SPINNAKER SOFTWARE
You'll find them  at:
                     One Kendall Square
                     Cambridge, MA 02139
Vox phone :         617 494 9384

Their software does all the things you mention.

Cheers,
Ian

--- via Silver Xpress V2.28 [NR]
 * Origin: OUT OF SIGHT BBS. Auckland NZ, (64)-9-298-3105. (3:772/50)
SEEN-BY: 770/101 771/110 150 170 180 772/20 50 140 774/501
FSC-Control: PATH: 772/50 20 771/110

jjh@col.hp.com (Jeff Haeffele-x3570) (12/20/90)

You could check the classified ads in the back of any Fine Homebuilding
magazine; there are usually half-a-dozen or so packages advertised.
I believe that one of the issues a couple of months ago had an article
on what to look for in a software package.