[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Need a English-English Dictionary on MS-DOS

jer@pender.ee.upenn.edu (Joel Ratsaby) (12/19/90)

	I would like to know if there is a public domain program
	for dictionary (english-english).

	thanks

dr.warren@pro-graphics.cts.com (Warren Lieuallen) (12/23/90)

    If you're looking for a good "dictionary" program, find a copy
of Jorj.  It's a phonetic, look-up dictionary, with database like
searching capabilities.  It's also shareware, so should be available
on a BBS local to you.  If not, try some of the larger shareware
distribution houses  (page 24 of Public Brand Software catalog,
volume 6, number 4).  I've only just begun using it, but it looks
really nice, and is very simple to use.
  Dr. Warren G. Lieuallen      Internet: dr.warren@pro-graphics.cts.com
  93 Windy Willow Way              UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!dr.warren
  Branchburg, NJ  08876            ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!dr.warren@nosc.mil
======"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein=======