[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Help on upgrade

boba@hpwarau.hp.com (Bob Alexander) (12/20/90)

I currently have an 8088 10MHz system and I'm considering buying a 386SX
motherboard to upgrade.  Could someone tell me which of my peripheral
cards I can still use with the new processor?  I'm not worried about my
monographics card or internal modem.  But can I continue to use my hard
and floppy disk controllers, or do I need to buy new ones?

(BTW, I know that keeping my old, slow disk will reduce the performance
increase I get with the new motherboard.  I hope to partially compensate
by going to a 1:1 interleave and getting extra RAM for a cache.)

Thanks,

  Bob Alexander
  boba@hpwala.hp.com

gordo@pro-gateway.cts.com (Gordon Aikman) (12/23/90)

I can help you if you describe all your periferals..   AND   what speed is
your RAM.

ProLine: gordo@pro-gateway
Internet: gordo@pro-gateway.cts.com
UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!gordo