[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] unBinHex program needed!

steveskr@blake.u.washington.edu (Steve Skrzyniarz) (12/27/90)

I'm in desperate need of an unBinHexer to convert Macintosh BinHex files to
Macintosh binary files [on the PC].  I'm experimenting with converting Mac
PD Postscript fonts to PC format for use with Adobe Type Manager, but need
a program to unBinHex the fonts.  I've already got the unSit and unPackit
tools.

Thanks,

Steve Skrzyniarz  (steveskr@blake.u.washington.edu)

garyk@cbnewsk.att.com (gerhard.karnik) (12/28/90)

In article <13489@milton.u.washington.edu>, steveskr@blake.u.washington.edu (Steve Skrzyniarz) writes:
> I'm in desperate need of an unBinHexer to convert Macintosh BinHex files to
> Macintosh binary files [on the PC].  I'm experimenting with converting Mac

I recently found the Pascal source for BinHex 4.0 on an FTP archive site, but
when I started to convert the thing for the PC.  I found that the meat of the
program was actually written in 68K assembler loaded from a data array - not
very nice!  I gave up, so I also need a copy of BinHex for the PC.