[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Invisible Network

alpert@chovax.enet.dec.com (Agent of Goldstein) (12/30/90)

I have on occasion heard good remarks regarding a low-cost PC LAN
package called "Invisible Network."  Does anyone have an address or
phone number for getting more info on this product?  I have a friend
with a small business who wants to network a few PC's.  Also, comments
on Invisible Network vs. LANtastic or other low-cost LANs are also
welcomed.

Thanks in advance...

  Bob Alpert       { alpert@chovax.dec.com            }  Suspicion breeds
  DEC              { ...!decwrl!chovax.dec.com!alpert }  confidence.
  Cherry Hill, NJ  { alpert%chovax.dec@decwrl.dec.com }

alpert@chovax.enet.dec.com (Agent of Goldstein) (12/30/90)

I have on occasion heard favorable comments regarding a low-cost
PC LAN package called "Invisible Network."  Does anyone have an address
or phone number for getting more info on this product?  I have a friend
with a small business who wants to network a few PCs.  (He is currently
using "SneakerNet" :-)  Comments on Invisible Network vs. LANtastic or
other low-cost PC LANs would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance...

  Bob Alpert       { alpert@chovax.dec.com            }  Suspicion breeds
  DEC              { ...!decwrl!chovax.dec.com!alpert }  confidence.
  Cherry Hill, NJ  { alpert%chovax.dec@decwrl.dec.com }

akcs.vladimer@point.UUCP (kevin kadow) (01/01/91)

I too would be interested in info on the "invisible network" software.. I
want to link *TWO* PC's (one has my 80M drive, the other an antique 20)
so i can read files from PC #1 using PC #2, and have #2 think that it's
reading them from one of it's own drives (say D:). I hope to do this
using the RS-232 port, preferably in the background (so as not to tie up
PC #1) and:

I do *NOT* need to be able to have simultaneous access to the same
file(s) on both PC's.... lock-out on ANY files opened by either is
perfectly OK.

Anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks,
         KK

gordo@pro-gateway.cts.com (Gordon Aikman) (01/01/91)

>I have on occasion heard good remarks regarding a low-cost PC LAN
>package called "Invisible Network."  Does anyone have an address or
>phone number for getting more info on this product?  I have a friend
>with a small business who wants to network a few PC's.  Also, comments
>on Invisible Network vs. LANtastic or other low-cost LANs are also
>welcomed.

LANtastic is the best out there for that price range. If you can afford it,
get it.

  Internet/ProLine: gordo@pro-gateway.cts.com
+-----------+ UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!gordo
|Pro-Gateway| ARPA: crash!pro-gateway!gordo@nosc.mil
|214/6445113|
+-Dallas,TX-+

bob@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Bob F. Breedlove) (01/03/91)

I just got off the phone with an Invisible network dealer here in
Sacramento.  He told me they have a couple of different network cards
including one at the low end -- the N200.  There are known problems with
this card and some 80386 computers.  According to the dealer, the only
way to tell was to put one in your machine and try it.  His prices (not
sure if these are representative): N200 $250 each (1.8 mb/sec), N300
$325 each (3 mb/sec) and ethernet $350 each.
.
It is a peer to peer network, but does require one station to be
designated as the "lead" station.
--
Bob Breedlove  SYSOP: BOBsBBS (916/929-7511)
Author: CONFIG.EXE, RUN.EXE, CleanUp.EXE
        bob@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US