[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] software to use mouse in place of joystick

marka@phi.UUCP (Mark Allen) (12/31/90)

I am looking for a piece of software that would let me use my mouse for
joystick software.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
--
      _______                                                           _    _
   __/_______\__     Mark Allen    marka@phi!ncrwic!ncrlnk             (_)__(_)

kshaffer@modcomp.uucp (Ken Shaffer) (01/03/91)

In <178@phi.UUCP> marka@phi.UUCP (Mark Allen) writes:

>I am looking for a piece of software that would let me use my mouse for
>joystick software.  Can anyone help?

It's easier to make a joystick look like a mouse than make a mouse look
like a joystick.

The reason: the mouse interface is via an INT call, whereas the joystick
interface is often done directly via I/O instructions.  On AT's there is
a joystick INT call, but I doubt that games use this.

The bottom line:  a hack of your joystick software is necessary.

Ken Shaffer
modcomp!kshaffer