[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Portable fax/modems

rjacobs@gara.une.oz.au ( ABRI) (01/03/91)

I'm in the market for a portable fax/modem. I use 2 different PCs and
would like to purchase a fax/modem that I can carry easily and attach
to the serial port of either machine (since they are in different locations).
The WorldPort 2496 on specs alone, would seem to fulfill my needs, but are
there alternatives? Particularly, are the alternatives cheaper than the
WorldPort 2496, which sells for about the equivalent of $750 US in
Australia.
Thanks in advance.

Ross Jacobs

kipp@gistdev.gist.com (Kipp Kreft) (01/05/91)

rjacobs@gara.une.oz.au ( ABRI) writes:

>I'm in the market for a portable fax/modem. I use 2 different PCs and
>would like to purchase a fax/modem that I can carry easily and attach
>to the serial port of either machine (since they are in different locations).
>The WorldPort 2496 on specs alone, would seem to fulfill my needs, but are
>there alternatives? Particularly, are the alternatives cheaper than the
>WorldPort 2496, which sells for about the equivalent of $750 US in
>Australia.
>Thanks in advance.

>Ross Jacobs

   -- VENDOR --                                   -- PRODUCT --

PC's To Go                                     World Port 2496      US $499
One Mecca Way                                  Holmes 2496          US $499
Norcross, GA  30093
Phone 800-992-3236
      404-279-9607
FAX   404-564-5528

S & W Computers & Electronics                  World Port 2496      US $449
31 West 21 Street                              World Port 2496
New York, NY  10010                                  for Toshiba    US $470
Phone 800-874-1235
      212-463-8330
FAX   212-463-8335

Kipp Kreft  (kipp@gistdev.gist.com)  (standard disclaimer, no connection, etc)