[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Multisync/Multiscan/Interlaced

py@meadow.uucp (Peter Yeung) (01/16/91)

In article <608@aupair.cs.athabascau.ca> derrick@cs.athabascau.ca (Derrick Rowlandson) writes:

>I am mostly mixed-up when it comes to Multisync vs Multiscan monitors,

They mean the same thing, they are just different marketing terms used by
different companies. I think "Multisync" is TM'ed by NEC. All they meant
is the ability of the monitor to synchronize within a range of frequencies.

>what is the difference? Also what is an interlaced display.

"Interlaced display" means that only every other lines are displayed in the same
vertical scan. For example, all odd number lines are displayed first and then
all even number lines are displayed at the next refresh. "Interlaced display"
allows higher resolution to be displayed without using a higher scan frequency.
The drawback is the flickering of the screen.

--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300