[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] GIF format

gerald@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Gerald Vaselenak) (01/18/91)

Hi! Iam looking for information on the formating spec. for *.GIF files.
I have some information on the header and color lookup table, but am having
problems figuring out the decompression of the actual pixel data.

Thanks in advance,

Gerald

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle (Nexus)) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan17.232618.24074@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> gerald@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Gerald Vaselenak) writes:
>Hi! Iam looking for information on the formating spec. for *.GIF files.
>I have some information on the header and color lookup table, but am having
>problems figuring out the decompression of the actual pixel data.

In the PD1:<MSDOS.GIF> directory at simtel20 has a turbo-c gif manipulation
library.  I don't know if it includes source or not, but you mite want to
look.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'