[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MAN page reader for msdos?

phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) (01/24/91)

I get more and more Unix-like software which come with man pages (troff
-man). Is there a man page reader for msdos?

Thanks

Phil

scott@cs.hw.ac.uk (Scott Telford) (01/25/91)

In article <1991Jan24.000727.17647@cs.mcgill.ca> phil@cs.mcgill.ca (Philip LOCONG) writes:
>I get more and more Unix-like software which come with man pages (troff
>-man). Is there a man page reader for msdos?

There's a new version of a very old and fairly primitive nroff clone
that (I think) has been uploaded to SIMTEL20 recently, called NRO.
However, it comes with a fairly simple -man macro file which works
reasonably well with fairly simple man page files. To view one on the
screen you should be able to do something like "nro -man <file> | more".

There are, though other DOS *roff clones that may be better.
| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|