[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] A Draw or Flow Chart Program

gt0831c@prism.gatech.EDU (William Moss) (01/26/91)

I need to put togeter a lot of flowcharts for work.
Ive given up in disgust with Pagemaker, Corel Draw,
and Windows Paint. To meet the deadline I did them
on MacDraw II, but since these will need to be
revised later, my boss insists that I must redo them
in a PC compatible format.

I am looking for any software (shareware or commercial
windows or dos). That can help me generate good
looking flow charts. A basic drawing program wood be
nice, but a flow chart specific program is a possibility
too.

What exists out there? What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,
William Moss

v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (01/26/91)

I use EASYFLOW by Haven Tree Software quite often. I find
it to be excellent. It doesn't do logi checking, but it does
a nice job of making sure your flowchart makes sensible paths
by only allowing correct connections. I reccomend it highly, as I
understand it is inexpensive.

Shawn E. Thompson "..in the immortal words of my dog Shepp 'Kick ass USA!'.."
v087mxgb@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu | set@autarch.acsu.buffalo.edu
University @ Buffalo|Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering
CAD Engineering|Leica, Inc.|PO Box 123|Buffalo, NY 14240-0123|(716)891-3375

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (01/28/91)

gt0831c@prism.gatech.EDU (William Moss) writes:

>I need to put togeter a lot of flowcharts for work.
>Ive given up in disgust with Pagemaker, Corel Draw,
>and Windows Paint. To meet the deadline I did them
>on MacDraw II, but since these will need to be
>revised later, my boss insists that I must redo them
>in a PC compatible format.
>
>I am looking for any software (shareware or commercial
>windows or dos). That can help me generate good
>looking flow charts. A basic drawing program wood be
>nice, but a flow chart specific program is a possibility
>too.
>
>What exists out there? What would you recommend?

I've seen, and played with JUST a LITTLE bit, Roykore's ABC
Flowcharter.  Its purpose in life is to create flowcharts, so
might do just what William is looking for.

I've also used Micrografx' Charisma.  This package is targeted
at business graphics, includes the capability to chart data,
includes an extensive clipart library (with more available for
additional bucks), and is quite impressive!  While it doesn't
specifically address flowcharting, it does include flow chart
symbols in the clipart, and has all the facilities you'd need.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :     {apple,coherent,limbo,mips,pyramid,ubvax}!itkin@guinan.Transact.COM    :

jackm@agcsun.UUCP (Jack Morrison) (01/29/91)

gt0831c@prism.gatech.EDU (William Moss) writes:

>I need to put togeter a lot of flowcharts for work.
>Ive given up in disgust with Pagemaker, Corel Draw,
>and Windows Paint. To meet the deadline I did them
>on MacDraw II, but since these will need to be
>revised later, my boss insists that I must redo them
>in a PC compatible format.
>
>I am looking for any software (shareware or commercial
>windows or dos). That can help me generate good
>looking flow charts. A basic drawing program wood be
>nice, but a flow chart specific program is a possibility
>too.
>
>What exists out there? What would you recommend?

I'm very biased, but since you asked, look into our new program
ROBOCHART. It's completely mouse-driven and much easier to use
than other charting programs because you can manipulate the chart
directly on the screen, instead of using awkward commands.
The PC version is only $96.

Send me e-mail or call for information:

	Digital Insight
	PO Box 2095
	Evergreen, CO 80439

	(303) 674-5232

--
"How am I typing?  Call 1-303-279-1300"     Jack C. Morrison
Ampex Video Systems    581 Conference Place, Golden CO 80401