[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] CP/M TO MSDOS DISK CONVERTER NEEDED

gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) (01/29/91)

Hello, I am looking for a program (Public domain if possible)
that will read in a CP/M physically formatted diskette and
convert it to a MSDOS readable version... The CP/M
machine is a old EPSON CP/M 80 system with 5.25" floppies...

Anyone know where I can get this program? Ftp?
I think there was a program called XENOCOPY but that was
a long time ago... Please email your answers. Thanks!
George
* George Wang - Computer Engineering                       T     T         *
* University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign               |  T  |         *
* INTERNET: gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu                       \_|_/          *
* UUCP: gargoyle!igloo!gwang  PH: (217) 332-4019              -            *

mcastle@mcs213f.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.070931.25589@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gcw20877@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (George Wang) writes:
>Hello, I am looking for a program (Public domain if possible)
>that will read in a CP/M physically formatted diskette and
>convert it to a MSDOS readable version... The CP/M
>machine is a old EPSON CP/M 80 system with 5.25" floppies...

The following are several CP/M associated programs.  While only the last one
really fits you description, I included the others in case you might find
something useful.  I'm not sure if the conversion program actually has an
executable along with the source, but it should not be too much of a problem
to find someone to compile it if it's not.

Hope this helps.

22DSK134.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL>    CP/M<->Diskette xfer, over 100 formats. SYDEX
AMPROCPM.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL>    Read/write Ampro CP/M disks on MSDOS
RWCPM.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.DSKUTL>    Read & Write Epson CP/M diskettes
22NCE130.ZIP PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> Z80 CP/M emulator for MS-DOS systems. SYDEX
AME86.ARC    PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> CP/M-86 emulator for MS-DOS
V2080J88.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> Run CP/M-80 programs on system with V20 CPU
V20BOOT.ZIP  PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> Turbo Pascal source code for V20 CP/M emulator
Z80MU52B.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> CP/M (Z80 processor) emulator for MS-DOS
ZRUN321.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.EMULATORS> Z80 CP/M emulator for MS-DOS
UNCR-DOS.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.SQ-USQ>    Uncrunch CP/M '?Z?' crunched files
UNCR233.ARC  PD1:<MSDOS.SQ-USQ>    Uncrunch CP/M 'Z' files on MSDOS, w/wild cards
CONVERTB.ARC PD1:<MSDOS.TURBOPAS>  Turbo Pascal, convert CP/M data to DOS

These are all available at:
New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the directory listed above
                                           (PDx:<MSDOS.xxxxx> )
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/xxxxx
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in pub/PC/simtel-20/xxxxx

There are several mail servers that will process the ftp commands for those who
have access to e-mail, but not FTP.  Addresses are:

In North America (Simtel20 access only):

          LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU   North Dakota State University.
          LISTSERV@VM.ECS.RPI.EDU  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    GET PDGET HELP PCSERV-L

Also (any ftp site):
          BITFTP@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU

   In the body of the mail have the command:
   HELP

Trickle servers (Simtel20 access only):
In Denmark:     TRICKLE@DKTC11
In Turkey:      TRICKLE@TREARN
In Italy:       TRICKLE@IMIPOLI
In Belgium:     TRICKLE@BANUFS11
In Austria:     TRICKLE@AWIWUW11
In Germany:     TRICKLE@DTUZDV1
In Spain:       TRICKLE@EB0UB011
In Israel:      TRICKLE@TAUNIVM
In Netherlands: TRICKLE@HEARN
France:         TRICKLE@FRMOP11
Germany:        TRICKLE@DB0FUB11
Chile:          TRICKLE@USACHVM1
Not sure:       TRICKLE@DS0RUS1I

(note:  these are EARN/BITNET style addresses.  Internet users should
        try BITNET domain addresses such as TRICKLE@TREAN.BITNET)

    In the body of the mail have the command:
    /HELP

If anyone knows of any other mirrored archives of Simtel20, please let me
know and I'll add them to this generic response.

Thanks.
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | ERROR:  Invalid
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| command 'HELP'