[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] MACSYMA

cyh@cs.brown.edu (Chih-Yung Huang) (01/26/91)

Does anybody know a software called MACSYMA? I heaerd that it is some kind of
mathematical expert system which can solve some problems such as matrix,
tensors and a couple of O.D.E. The most important feature of it is that the
solution is represented by symbolic form rather than numerical one.
I am looking for one version of it which can be run at 80386 PC. Any
information, including price, producer, etc, will be highly appreciated.

                                          Chih-Yung Huang

fritz@urz.unibas.ch (01/29/91)

--

MACSYMA runs on our VAX 8840 here on the Basel University. I don't think
there is a PC-Version, but I'm not sure.

There is a software called MATHEMATICA that does the same thing -- analytical
mathematics -- really amazing stuff -- for PC386, MAC and all the other
computers you like.

I don't know the producers, but you should find them out easily.

	Oliver Fritz
	University of Basel, Switzerland

millard@eos.arc.nasa.gov (Millard Edgerton) (01/31/91)

Mathematica (tm)
Wolfram Reaserch Inc.
P. O. Box 6059
Champaign, IL 61821-9902
USA

Versions for MAC & PC/AT+

*  Intelligent people talk about ideas.   | Standard disclaimer(s)        *
*  Average people talk about things.      | Millard J. Edgerton, WA6VZZ   *
*  Small people talk about other people.  | millard@eos.arc.nasa.gov      *
*            Fax 415-604-6475             |      Voice 415-604-3480       *
*      Employed by Sterling Software at NASA Ames Research Center.        *