[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] vt100 emulator wanted

rc7@prism.gatech.EDU (Richard Catrambone) (02/01/91)

In article <62435@bbn.BBN.COM> cfoeller@BBN.COM (Carl Foeller) writes:
>I am looking for a vt100 emulator to be run on an IBM PS/2.  The most
>important capability to be included is the ability to scroll backward
>to view output that has scrolled off the screen.  Probably a minimum
>of 20 screens is required.  Graphics capability is not necessary.

I use Kermit as my terminal emulator and file transfer program.
I think it works great and have been very happy with it.
--
CATRAMBONE,RICHARD
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!rc7

cd5340@mars.njit.edu (Charlap) (02/01/91)

In article <62435@bbn.BBN.COM> cfoeller@BBN.COM (Carl Foeller) writes:
>I am looking for a vt100 emulator to be run on an IBM PS/2.  The most
>Can anyone recommend some commercial products?
>
>Also, does anyone know of shareware that might be available from
>some source by ftp?

Try using Procomm Plus, from Datastorm Technologies.  I've sworn by
it for all my modem/terminal emulation needs.

As for a shareware program, look for winqvt.  This program replaces
the terminal emulator in Microsoft Windows.  It does a better job
than Microsoft's program as well!

--- Dave (cd5340@mars.njit.edu)