[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] WANTED: Your old Basic Software!

merx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (01/24/91)

Hi,
  I would like to do some simple (for my kids) programing. The only thing I
have ever used is Basic. (no flames please) I don't have the time to try to
learn C or Pascal so I am looking for your unused or out of date old version of
Quick Basic, Turbo Basic, Power Basic (of any Basic that can be compiled) I
would like to find something in the $10 to $25 range. Give your old Basic
software a good home. Please e-mail to save net use.
Mike Ray   MER@CRNLNS

fredf@microsoft.UUCP (Fred FREELAND) (01/26/91)

In article <1991Jan24.091048.2269@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> merx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Hi,
>... so I am looking for your unused or out of date old version of
>Quick Basic, Turbo Basic, Power Basic (of any Basic that can be compiled) I
>would like to find something in the $10 to $25 range. Give your old Basic
>software a good home.

What you propose is probably illegal. For not much more than you want to
spend you can buy a brand-spanking new copy of Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.5 and
you'll have the benefit of being a registered owner AND you'll have the
documentation.  In addition you'll have a great language compiler.

--
Frederick F. Freeland Jr.                        "Of all the things I've lost,  Microsoft Corporation                               I miss my mind the most!"   One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 (206) 882-8080                                                                                                                                internet: fredf@microsoft.beaver.washington.EDU                                 arpanet:  fredf%microsoft@uw-beaver.ARPA

dr.warren@pro-graphics.cts.com (Warren Lieuallen) (02/02/91)

    What's illegal about selling your original software and transferring
the license.  From what I see in the For-Sale echos I read, this sort
of thing happens all the time (which doesn't necessarily make it legal,
I know!).

P.S.  I do have to agree with you, QuickBASIC is fabulous!
  Dr. Warren G. Lieuallen      Internet: dr.warren@pro-graphics.cts.com
  93 Windy Willow Way              UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!dr.warren
  Branchburg, NJ  08876            ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!dr.warren@nosc.mil
======"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein=======