[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Disney Sound Source

billbr@xstor.UUCP (Bill Brothers) (02/03/91)

In article <1991Feb2.005806.13573@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> nan@math.ksu.edu (Nan Zou) writes:
>About the Sound Source from Walt Disney, I saw an ad selling it for $20.
>I'm skeptical at anything this cheap. If anyone has tried this please
>post your opinions.
We use the Sound Source at home for the kids. It produces reasonably
good sounds, music, voice,  etc. Has a jack for headphones or
external stereo. Sounds like 8-bit digitization to me. Connects to
the parallel port as a parasite. I don't know of any programming
support or information for it, and it is only supported by Disney's
games. For those, it is the cat's meow.

p.s I also own a soundblaster, an MPU-401 (a real one), and a
MIDI studio.

Bill Brothers
Engineering Mgr.
Storage Dimensions, Inc.