[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Advice on text and graphics software package

hentsche@serss0.fiu.edu (Erich Hentschel) (01/31/91)

I am looking for suggestions on a package that can handle text and
graphics nicely on a PC.  I have only tried out some painting
packages like MS paintbrush, Dr. Halo, and some design programs
AutoCad, CadKey, Cadint, and lastly I have used the grab command in
Word Perfect to include graphics with text.  Lastly I have used
the package Print Shop.     What I am looking for should probably
treat text like graphics and be easy to use like MacDraw.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

hentsche@serss0

dtrowbri@encad.Wichita.NCR.COM (Doug Trowbridge) (02/05/91)

In article <2089@kluge.fiu.edu>, hentsche@serss0.fiu.edu (Erich Hentschel) writes:
> I am looking for suggestions on a package that can handle text and
> graphics on a PC... and treat text like graphics and be easy to use
 like MacDraw.

After spending several months investigating various graphic software
packages we chose Corel Draw, and have not been disappointed. The feature
I find most useful is the ability to manipulate text. You are limited only
by your imagination. Corel Draw comes with 150 fonts and, to me, that's
worth the price of the sofware. There are many other features I like
but are to numerous to mention here. I suggest you look into Corel Draw.