[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Need com pin outs for Advantage!

kees@ee.ualberta.ca (Kees denHartigh) (01/26/91)

We have an Advantage card here with 2 com ports populated.
Unfortunatly the cable for the com2 from the board has gone
astray and there is nothing in the documentation about the pin
assignments fot the 10 pin header for that port. Can anyone
provide me with that info? I would greatly appeciate it!
--
Kees denHartigh                         kees@ee.ualberta.ca
Electrical Engineering Digital Labs     alberta!bode!kees

get@rigel.uucp (24423-Michael Getlik(F412)m595) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Jan25.160033.13383@ee.ualberta.ca>, kees@ee.ualberta.ca (Kees denHartigh) writes:
> We have an Advantage card here with 2 com ports populated.
> Unfortunatly the cable for the com2 from the board has gone
> astray and there is nothing in the documentation about the pin
> assignments fot the 10 pin header for that port. Can anyone
> provide me with that info? I would greatly appeciate it!
> --
> Kees denHartigh                         kees@ee.ualberta.ca
> Electrical Engineering Digital Labs     alberta!bode!kees
> University of Alberta 238 Civil Elect   Voice (403)492-5421
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada                Fax   (403)492-1811

AST has a great support bulletin board service.  It has info on all
switch settings and jumper settings for all their products.  The bb
number is 714-727-4723.

If a modem is not available, they have a hotline that you can call
for the same info.  If a fax is available, they can send you a printed
version of your specs 30 seconds after you hang up the phone.

Here is all their numbers (pacific business hrs):
Product info                   800 876-4AST
Product support for boards     717 727-9630
Product support for systems    717 727-1278
Spare Parts sales              717 759-4AST

Bullietin board service (24 hrs):
AST on line (bbs)              717 727-4723
AST info fax                   717 727-4773

I was very impressed with their service (IMHO).

Mike Getlik
Bellcore
201-829-2150
Michael Getlik                                     rigel!get@bellcore.com
Bellcore                                           bellcore!rigel!get
Morristown, NJ

v087mxgb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Shawn E Thompson) (02/06/91)

Hello AST-users,

I have a couple of promotional copies (STILL SEALED!) of
Quarterdeck, that will *ONLY* run if you have an AST
board installed. Its a great windowwing/multitasking
program, I understand, but I cannot use it.

Anyone want them, they are up for trade (almost any
little thing will do - I cannot really sell them, but
a tiny item swap will do).

st