[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Panasonic KXP1191 Windows 3.0 drivers

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (02/05/91)

Anyone know where I can find a good KXP1191 Panasonic printer driver for the
Windows 3.0 environment...if not, what driver would you recommend?

Brian

rschmidt@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (roy schmidt) (02/06/91)

In article <26697@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>Anyone know where I can find a good KXP1191 Panasonic printer driver for the
>Windows 3.0 environment...if not, what driver would you recommend?
>
>Brian

Check your printer manual.  The safest bet is an Epson emulation, and
your manual will tell you which of the Epson machines best matches your
model (I have a KXP1124, which can emulate the Epson LQ-2500.)  Your
second choice would be "standard" or "generic" dot-matrix.

Roy Schmidt                 |  #include <disclaimer.h>
Indiana University          |  /* They are _my_ thoughts, and you can't
Graduate School of Business |     have them, so there!  */

coffman@plains.NoDak.edu (Clark Coffman) (02/06/91)

In article <26697@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
[Anyone know where I can find a good KXP1191 Panasonic printer driver for the
[Windows 3.0 environment...if not, what driver would you recommend?
[
[Brian

Try the epson rx80 drivers, they work fine for me and the printers
manual says it should, also the printer can use proprinter drivers if
you switch one of the dip switches inside the printer, I believe it is
switch 1 to off, but I'd suggest you look that up.

| Hey, who else would you expect to be responsible for what I say?  |
<===================================================================>__
| (Bitnet)   -- NU116215@NDSUVM1       -- coffman@plains            |..|
| (Internet) -- NU116215@VM1.NODAK.EDU -- coffman@plains.nodak.edu  |==>
| (UUCP)     -- uunet!plains!coffman                                |..|
|    Clark W. Coffman   --)------  Dagda Mor  ------)--   CWC       |. |
  |______:-: You Teach Best What You Most Need To Learn. :-:______|..  |

remillard@BINAH.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU (02/07/91)

I use PowerPoint for windows it supports almost all the panisonic printers.