[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Toshiba T3100e Portable For Sale

tester@cmcl2.nyu.edu (L Testerville) (02/06/91)

Toshiba T3100e Portable PC
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 12MHz 80286 with 80287 socket
 1M RAM
 20M 3.5" Hard Disk
 1.44M 3.5" Floppy Drive
 2 Serial Ports
 1 Parallel Port (selectable as A or B drive or LPT1:)
 2 ISA Expansion Slots
 Enhanced double-scan CGA plasma screen with four shades
 Fast or slow (4Mhz) selectable operating speed
 External monitor capability
 Two default display fonts
 Internal modem capable
 Comes with 3Com 3C501 Ethernet Card
 Optional 80287 (make offer)
 All software loaded on hard drive (of course)

   $1550 US or best offer
   (trades will be considered)

Please reply to: thx1138@nyu.edu

st902156@pip.cc.brandeis.edu (02/08/91)

how does $1250 sound?

pwilliam@axion.bt.co.uk (Philip Williams) (02/08/91)

From article <1991Feb5.184028.10808@cmcl2.nyu.edu>, by tester@cmcl2.nyu.edu (L Testerville):
> Toshiba T3100e Portable PC

 [ yet another advert for hardware at very reasonable dollar prices]

The traffic on this group is so immense that I don't often get time to
read it. Its not helped by people advertising there equipment
for sale to the whole WORLD. It also makes me very envious. I have to
buy my equipment at inflated prices in the UK (typical exchange
rate for such purchases is one pound sterling for one dollar).
I also doubt whether the indivdual wants to ship the equipment to the
UK, Europe or Australia. So please can people wishing to sale
stuff at least restrict distribution to something more local than world.

Thank you.

Philip

P M Williams                                pwilliams@axion.bt.co.uk
BTRL, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk,  United Kingdom
'Phone 0473-642770        Message Pager 4226754 (bureau 0345 333111)

pete@othello.dartmouth.edu (Pete Schmitt) (02/09/91)

pwilliam@axion.bt.co.uk (Philip Williams) writes:

>The traffic on this group is so immense that I don't often get time to
>read it. Its not helped by people advertising there equipment
>for sale to the whole WORLD. It also makes me very envious. I have to
>buy my equipment at inflated prices in the UK (typical exchange
>rate for such purchases is one pound sterling for one dollar).
>I also doubt whether the indivdual wants to ship the equipment to the
>UK, Europe or Australia. So please can people wishing to sale
>stuff at least restrict distribution to something more local than world.

I think that you might be wrong on this, Philip.  I posted a Zenith 286
supersport here for a co-worker and they ended up selling and shipping
it to someone in New Zealand.

-pete
--
     Peter Schmitt                                          UNIX Consultant
Kiewit Computation Center                                Computing  Services