[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] 287 emmulator ?

jimbo@ee.ualberta.ca (Jim Bauer) (02/07/91)

hi,
does anyone out there in net.land know of a 287 emmulator program. i have
been able to locate several 387 emmulators but so far none for its little
brother ;-) i would prefer a shareware version and/or ftp-ability.

thanx in advance,
the perpetually grateful,
mrs. bauer's boy... jimbo
--
Jim Bauer                               jimbo@ee.ualberta.ca
Medical Laser Lab                       alberta!bode!jimbo

6500spyk@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Chris Brooks) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb6.210550.14181@ee.ualberta.ca> jimbo@ee.ualberta.ca (Jim Bauer) writes:

>does anyone out there in net.land know of a 287 emmulator program. i have
>been able to locate several 387 emmulators but so far none for its little
>brother ;-) i would prefer a shareware version and/or ftp-ability.

Try EMUL87, which can be found at SIMTEL.  It works fine on my 286 machine
(I use it for MatLab).
--
Christopher L. Brooks                               6500spyk@ucsbuxa.bitnet
UC - Santa Barbara                                  brooks@faulty.ucsb.edu

ebergman@isis.cs.du.edu (Eric Bergman-Terrell) (02/11/91)

If your application(s) have '287 instructions, they should work fine with
the '387 emulator.  Except for some new instructions in the '387, the
'287 and '387 are more-or-less identical (they do handle exceptions differently).

Terrell