[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] test, this is a test.. AND other dumb sigs etc..

sci222u@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (01/31/91)

In article <2426@beguine.UUCP>, danielg@uncmed.med.unc.edu writes:
> This is a test.  Hit n now...
>
> dan
>   "Artists and scientists are OK as long as they are out exercising their
>    transcendence; when they come home at night they are as screwed-up as
>    anyone else."   Richard Eder, L.A. Times

Is there a real need for stupid quotes at the end of a posting??!!!
This also refers to people who have more than a two line signature.
Who are these people trying to impress?

I hope the offenders read this and think before they waste time and disk
space...

        Alan Morgan, Maths Dept. Monash Uni, Melbourne, Australia.

eepjm@cc.newcastle.edu.au (02/14/91)

In article <168.27a838e0@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au>, sci222u@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au
   (Alan Morgan) writes:

> Is there a real need for stupid quotes at the end of a posting??!!!
> This also refers to people who have more than a two line signature.
> Who are these people trying to impress?

Just in case anyone thinks that Alan is an isolated crank: I agree whole-
heartedly, and so (I believe) do a lot of other people.  The main function
of a .sig is to irritate the reader.

Peter, who has a one-line signature                eepjm@cc.newcastle.edu.au