[comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc] Printmaster Probl Please don't laugh!

shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) (02/17/91)

I realize that Printmaster and the like is a pretty elementary program..
so please don't laugh at me...but I have a shareware clone of Printmaster,
AND Printmaster, and with both of them they print out cards that are
longer than an 8x11.5 sheet of paper, the result being that there is
a perf line running through the card.

I've tried the different printer drivers, always with the same problem..
including the driver for my printer, and it's various modes <I hav a
Panasonix KX-P1124>.

Any suggestions?

--
   *----> WANTED!  Used pair of Rollerblades...woman's size 7/7.5/8 <----*
   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - BBS: 415-497-5291,1200,N,8,1

josephc@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Simplelogic) (02/17/91)

shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:

>I realize that Printmaster and the like is a pretty elementary program..
>so please don't laugh at me...but I have a shareware clone of Printmaster,
>AND Printmaster, and with both of them they print out cards that are
>longer than an 8x11.5 sheet of paper, the result being that there is
>a perf line running through the card.

>I've tried the different printer drivers, always with the same problem..
>including the driver for my printer, and it's various modes <I hav a
>Panasonix KX-P1124>.

Many (all?) 24-pin Epson compatible printers have this problem.  Apparently,
it doesn't emulate the 9-pin modes exactly.  One possibility is to run a
program before hand to adjust the line-feed length, but that might not
work.  Failing that, you'll just have to user another printer.

--Joseph
--
Joseph I. Chiu, Department of Computer Science, Calif. Inst. of Technology
1-57 Fleming House, Caltech, Pasadena 91126.   (818) 585-0393

shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.104051.19347@nntp-server.caltech.edu> josephc@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Simplelogic) writes:

	[Regarding my problem where no matter what printer driver I use
	 with Printmaster the cards and signs are longer then the 11"
	 paper]

>Many (all?) 24-pin Epson compatible printers have this problem.  Apparently,
>it doesn't emulate the 9-pin modes exactly.  One possibility is to run a
>program before hand to adjust the line-feed length, but that might not
>work.  Failing that, you'll just have to user another printer.

Can anyone recommend to me such a program?

Thanks!

--

wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill Meahan) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.104051.19347@nntp-server.caltech.edu> josephc@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Simplelogic) writes:
>shedevil@portia.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:
>

>>I realize that Printmaster and the like is a pretty elementary program..
>>so please don't laugh at me...but I have a shareware clone of Printmaster,
>>AND Printmaster, and with both of them they print out cards that are
>>longer than an 8x11.5 sheet of paper, the result being that there is
>>a perf line running through the card.
>
>>I've tried the different printer drivers, always with the same problem..
>>including the driver for my printer, and it's various modes <I hav a
>>Panasonix KX-P1124>.
>
>Many (all?) 24-pin Epson compatible printers have this problem.  Apparently,
>it doesn't emulate the 9-pin modes exactly.  One possibility is to run a
>program before hand to adjust the line-feed length, but that might not
>work.  Failing that, you'll just have to user another printer.
>
>--Joseph
>--
>Joseph I. Chiu, Department of Computer Science, Calif. Inst. of Technology
>1-57 Fleming House, Caltech, Pasadena 91126.   (818) 585-0393
>josephc@coil.caltech.edu               ...Just another lost soul in the universe

I had the same problem with my Seikosha SL80AI (also a 24-pin printer).
On mine, I solved the problem by switcing from Epson LQ mode to IBM mode
and telling Printmaster that I was running an IBM printer.

No problem after that.

Hope this helps!
--
Bill Meahan			|Product Design & Testing Section
Production Test Engineer	|Starter Motor Engineering